Sunday, January 3, 2010

On Shoes...

So, let me talk about shoes today…

… those things women cannot truly live without.
Nothing men would ever understand…
Shoes and Oprah, to be precise.
One of the first things I notice when watching the Oprah show is what shoes she is wearing. Most of the time I can´t help but notice very sensational looking high heels.
I mean like, a mile high, wow!
Those really unpractical, yet way cool things, you know, that your doctor probably would disaproove of…
But they are also
Shiny.
Bold.
Statements.
I do not see her walk much in those shoes, so…
here are my questions for Oprah:
Could you walk in them? If so, how far would you get before making a fool out of yourself by tripping and or looking like you are in serious pain, etc?
And just how many pairs do you have?
To be more specific: how many pairs do you own?
Do you stack them up like I do in their original shoe boxes with a Polaroid on the outside to know at one glance what´s inside?
Cool idea- wherever it comes from, I do that with most of my shoes.
And how many pairs do you own, that are really, really comfy?

My guess would be one.

That´s what I have.

The rest are just those cool fun shoes. Those must-haves, because you see them in a shop, a catalog, a vacation spot window, because they would go so well with that purple sweater, or the apricot blouse in 2006, or a white tunic that was chic in 1999, the ones that make you frown when you look at them, the ones that make you swoon over them, the ones that make you want to hide them real fast, when you look at the price tag, the Stuart Weizman´s, the Valentino´s, the Balenciagas, or the Mozart and Beethovens of shoes, well, you get the idea.
How many are Italian shoes?
Most of mine are- the ones that can be taken seriously, at least.
There is nothing better than a pair of good Italian shoes.
Italians make the best shoes on the planet.
Trust me on this one.
There is nothing but pure poetry in a pair of Italian shoes.
You will know what I am talking about, once you own a pair of these heavenly things…
I am sure, Oprah has at least one pair of Valentino´s.
They are awesome!
I had a pair, and I re-soled them until I was told I could do so no more, but I could never part with them, even though I cannot wear them any more. They are so beautiful…

Do you, like I do, put your feet up at the end of the day and snuggle up with just socks, or comfy house-shoes or what can we picture you with, Oprah?
My guess is, you have a closet full, pardon, a house, just for shoes, right?
Or is it a house for just the Italian shoes?

Me, I really do just have one pair of comfy shoes- the "right now" shoes.
They have been my only pair or wearable shoes for the last 3 ¾ years.
Basically, the only pair I could wear so to say, because of what happened to my right leg. I cannot stand socks around my right foot. It hurts too much. My leg also does not fit into “normal” shoes anymore, because of what happened to me at that Hospital… (see my first blog post). And let me tell you: the East Coast winters are cold… brrrrr…
So, appreciate what you have, as long as you can, not being able to wear decent shoes sucks (sorry, to use that term).
I am waiting for the “all things shoes” show though, Oprah…

Consider me in it- I love anything shoes just like any normal woman!
With the left shoe on and the right shoe off (hurts too much to have a shoe on that leg) respectfully submitted by

Gertie
“TGW/oRCB”

The Girl Without Red Cowboy Boots (just waiting for Valentino to create the perfect pair of RED boots for me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment